Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Love Is Work

I never was a fan of attention.
Never have wanted all eyes on me or any of that jazz.
I've always only wanted to be happy.
Attention does not equal happiness. Being recognized and "claiming fame" means nothing to me. That is just simply not my goal. As a designer it may seem a bit odd but I never got into the whole "I want everyone wearing my stuff" line that I hear in fashion school. It is not about how many people like it but more about who likes it. I want people to wear and treat my clothing as works of art. I am not trying to go into mass production. Nor am I trying to have my dress on the cover of Vogue. I am simply trying to create something new, something worth the wait, something so outstanding that it will catch people's genuine attention. 
Rather than marketing my apparel by hiring the trendiest celebrity name to wear my garments, I want for people to see my garments on a blank mannequin and just be drawn to it instantly. 

I do not need attention man, it is not necessary for me. I know that my work is great. The visions I have and the effort I have put, along with the good karma I have raised only empowers me to ride against the generic wave. 

I get so many ideas and so little of them are known by others. My family, my friends, nobody is aware of what is constantly going on in my mind. I do not need them to. For what? So that I can have eternal support? No. I am not looking for attention out of obligation. I am looking for true amazement. I do not expect anyone to like what I create or to dislike what I create. The opinion of that is on them- upon seeing what it is I have to create.

My love is work.

No comments:

Post a Comment