Sunday, March 1, 2015

Ode to the Oblivious Man

It's fucking mind blowing how stupid humans are. It never fails to amuse me how we make the same mistakes and do not learn from them, only to spit lies on social networks like "I learn from my life lessons" and all that bullshit. Ha. Most of the people I see or encounter tell me that they have changed their lives or that they have somehow "become a better person".

For example: I once met a girl who said she always used to tease people when she was a kid and she claimed to have learned her lesson later on in life when she was consistently taunted about her weight that she had gained. Now, she said, she tries to think about what impact her words would have on people. I asked her what she wants to do with her life. She said she wants to be a beauty pageant judge. 

Wow, I thought- your career demands you to judge people based on appearance, what lesson have you even learned? Certainly not a logical one. She was so passionate about what she wanted too, it was insane to see. So oblivious of the fact that she was committing the same crime for which she was punished and claimed she "learned her lesson". 

Often times we are so oblivious of things that we even forget what comes out of our mouth as it runs past our minds and straight out into open air where it then becomes a lie.
Don't lie to yourself. Think. Learn. Accept. THEN teach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment