Monday, May 19, 2014

The Joy of Art

Art is basically the truth of society, the eyes of the blind world. It is what essentially exposes the perception of the souls who interpret it.

Being able to discuss artwork with a small group of people is the greatest thing, honestly. So much insight and so many different perceptions all coming together as one harmony, as one understanding of a piece. It's extremely difficult (for me, at least) to find people who are also interested in just simply discussing and sharing their own, individual perceptions of a work. 

However, I am so so so very grateful to have a solid 2-4 people whom I can literally just discuss art for hours upon hours of time... These are the people that I plan on keeping for a lifetime; as art lives eternally, I'm hoping that I do as well as my go-to discussion crew haha.

Reflecting on art and grasping others' reflections on art is one of the very few things that I do to bring myself happiness, it's just such an amazing breath of fresh air. The way I see Andy Warhol's Hammer and Sickle is completely different from how someone else may view the masterpiece (in my opinion, type of artistic expressionism is a risk, and every risk results in a masterpiece; therefore, every work of art is a masterpiece.) 

Every brush stroke, every mixture of colors to create a certain shade, every symbol within each creation has purpose- similar to how every word spoken by a soul has meaning. 
Looking at a piece of art is breath-taking in that every detail is noticed and seeing what details I've missed- shown to me by others- is eye-opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment